It’s no secret that chatbots are a digital marketing trend that the world just can’t stop talking about… but you might have a few questions about them. Just how effective are they? Are chatbots just a fad, or do they have staying power? And how do consumers really feel about them?
The truth is, research shows that chatbots are here to stay. They’ve been consistently gaining steam and don’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon! Read on for 10 chatbot stats that just might blow your mind.
- It is predicted that 85% of all customer service interactions will be powered by chatbots within the next two years. (source)
- Research shows that about 45% of end users prefer to use chatbots for customer service inquiries. (source)
- By 2022, chatbots are expected to provide a cost savings over over $8 billion annually. (source)
- A prediction in a recent study shows that by 2020, the average person will have more online conversations with bots than with their spouse. (source)
- Worried your bot is going to sound too much like… a bot? 27% of consumers in a recent survey said they couldn’t tell the difference. (source)
- 47% of consumers say that they are open to buying items through a chatbot. (source)
- 37% of consumers surveyed said that they would buy items directly via Facebook. (source)
- An average of 8 billion messages are sent between Facebook users and businesses on Facebook Messenger each month. (source)
- When compared with traditional call centers, each chatbot in the banking and healthcare sector saves an average of over 4 minutes time, according to a 2017 study. (source)
- By 2025, the global chatbot market is expected to reach $1.23 billion! (source)
Did any of these chatbot stats surprise you?
MSGHero is the premiere Messenger Marketing platform. Get started today!